Ocean Policy & the Trump Administration
Friday, December 9, 2016
Each presidential election brings the possibility of large-scale changes in environmental policy. President-Elect Donald Trump has not explicitly laid out environmental policies for the new administration, but he has provided some clues. No matter where those clues lead, the ocean policies of the Trump administration will be important for the ecological and economic health of the United States and the world.
This webinar convened a panel of experts to discuss some key issues that the Trump administration will face regarding ocean policy. The goal was to spark dialogue about the importance of smart policies that support a healthy ocean.
- Addie Haughey, Ocean Conservancy, Government Relations Associate Director
- Mike Levine, Oceana, Pacific Senior Counsel
- Pete Stauffer, Surfrider, Environmental Director
- Xiao Recio-Blanco, ELI, Ocean Program Director
- Laura Cantral, Meridian Institute, Partner